City of Maple Ridge
Marketing & Communications Assistant
Status: Regular Full Time
Department: Strategic Development, Communications & Public Engagement
Salary: $27.90 – $32.75 per hour
Closing: July 30, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
Do you want to be part of a hardworking, fun, and creative communications and engagement team? This is an exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Communications Assistant with our Strategic Development, Communications and Public Engagement Department.
In this position you will be responsible for coordinating a wide variety of marketing and communication tasks using your creativity, strong writing, and multi-tasking skills.
In this dynamic role you will liaise with a variety of departments to develop and implement communications and marketing plans for various projects. You will be responsible for creating written and graphic content for various digital promotional materials such as brochures, newsletters, web pages and social media using our content management and social media management systems.
You will use your excellent interpersonal and customer service skills to manage and respond to inquiries from staff and the public through our digital channels, email, and City Website. Your ability to foster and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders is essential as you work closely with other departments to support a broad range of digital marketing, communications, and engagement strategies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by a certificate in graphic design plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Thorough knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Considerable knowledge of office practices and procedures and of the policies, procedures, rules and regulations applicable to the work.
- Sound knowledge of the objectives and policies as they relate to the work.
- Sound knowledge of available community services, including local media publications and contacts.
- Sound knowledge of software, equipment, and tools applicable to the work.
- Ability to review program descriptions from a wide variety of sources and modify to a consistent presentation and format.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of correspondence, reports and records related to the work.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia.
The ideal candidate will have experience with design software including the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premier Pro).
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting email@example.com.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.