City of Prince Rupert
Office Clerk III
Reports to: RCMP Office Manager
Supervised by: Records Supervisor
Department: RCMP Detachment
Union: CUPE Local 105
Starting Wage: $35.73
Application Deadline: July 20, 2023
We, the City, value the diversity of the people we hire and serve and encourage applicants from all walks of life. We are committed to fostering a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths.
This position directly contributes to safeguarding our Community!
As an Office Clerk III at the Prince Rupert RCMP Detachment, your contribution to the administrative and clerical support team will ensure exceptional service to our community residents, and outstanding customer service to both internal and external clients. Your collaboration and critical thinking will play a vital part in ensuring the smooth operation of the RCMP Office. Your ability to work independently and prioritize in a multi-task environment will contribute to the efficient and effective operation of our law enforcement efforts.
Employment will be contingent upon the successful completion of a security clearance to the RCMP “Enhanced Reliability” level
What you’ll do
- Receive and respond to public enquiries both by telephone and in person in an accurate, timely and professional manner, including generating files through the operation of the Police Records Information Management Environment (PRIME).
- Provide backup support to other clerical positions as required.
- Transcribe police audio recordings into written documents
- Research and respond to requests for criminal record/local indices checks under the guidelines of the Criminal Records Act, using specialized computer systems.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: drafting routine correspondence, filing, updating manuals, gathering statistics, maintaining reporting logs and detachment telephone lists.
- Receive monies from the public and issue receipts.
- Receive and distribute mail.
What you bring
- Grade 12 or GED
- Ability to obtain and maintain an RCMP Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance (or higher) – Mandatory
- Two (2) years of experience in a fast paced, clerical support position
- Ability to operate office equipment including a photocopier and facsimile machine.
- Excellent communication skills and possesses a high level of professionalism.
- Ability to deal courteously and tactfully with all customers.
- Possesses high levels of organization, attention to detail and initiative.
- Ability to prioritize and meet expectations and deadlines for multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to interpret, apply and follow complex legislation and policy, including oral and written instructions.
- Ability to learn and operate various operational and records management systems including PRIME.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office Suite, with a minimum typing speed of 50 WPM.
- Excellent command of verbal and written English.
What to send our way
- Your CV highlighting your education, experience, and skills.
- A cover letter that highlights your desire to work for the City of Prince Rupert.
Please submit your CV and cover letter (PDF format only) to:
Asna Shareef RCMP Office Manager
100 6th Ave West
Prince Rupert, BC V8J 3Z3
Click here and here to learn more about why we live in Prince Rupert.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.