Office Coordinator – Finance
Closing date: August 1, 2023
Coordinate and perform office administrative functions for the Finance Department.
- Establish, review and coordinate administrative systems and processes of the Finance Department, including clerical procedures and priorities, administrative policies, tendering/proposal process, on-line vendor registration system, , financial reporting and customer service. Receive and action mail, email and telephone calls; assess, prioritize and respond to communications. Provide administrative support to Director, Deputy Director and Managers by typing a variety of correspondence and reports, including confidential material, conducting research, drafting letters and reports, creating presentations and complex spreadsheets. Type and distribute agendas; take and distribute meeting minutes; maintain a petty cash fund; prepare and place various newspaper advertisements; maintain and update department intranet site including suggesting improvements and creation of electronic forms, develop and format Finance Department communications and information for mail outs and for the City’s website.
- Coordinate, assign and review the work of approximately 1 clerical staff person performing clerical support for Supply Management Division and the Finance Department; ensure schedules, procedures and established performance and safety standards are met; provide employee training; provide input to employee performance appraisals; maintain attendance records.
- Coordinate the processing of tenders and proposals; type tender/proposal documents and review language and format; distribute documents to prospective bidders; maintain bidders lists, vendor registration program, and tender directory. Enter purchase orders into the City’s electronic financial system.
- Perform departmental record coordinator functions by maintaining various filing systems, being the primary record authority for the Finance Department record keeping operations by liaising with the corporate records management division to arrange transfer, storage, disposal and retrieval of departmental records, participating in training departmental staff on recordkeeping practises and assisting the records management project teams by providing information and implementing specific tasks.
- Respond to enquiries from the public, staff, Council, and suppliers by providing general information related to the operation of the Finance Department; receive and process verbal communications and written documentation; and distribute and administer emails through the Councillor Inquiry System; schedule appointments or arrange meetings; arrange facilities and catering; coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements; process purchase card transactions.
- Perform related duties where qualified.
Work is generated by operational demand or requests for service.
Work is reviewed upon completion.
Issues such as changes from established procedures and practises are discussed with supervisor.
Sit with arms unsupported while keyboarding. (frequent)
Meet tender completion and advertising deadlines. (frequent)
Focus on a variety of source data and computer for short periods. (frequent)
KEY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Organize and prioritize the work of a unit.
- Understand and apply the techniques of office administration, tenders/proposals and insurance claims.
- Type 60 wpm; advanced level operation of current City word processing, spreadsheet and related specialty software.
- Maintain accurate records and coordinate record keeping practises.
- Supervise a small staff.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Deal effectively with the public and outside agencies.
Formal Education, Training and Occupational Certification:
High school graduation.
Certificate in office administration. (6 months)
Certificate in current City word processing, spreadsheet and presentation programs. (175 hours)
3 years of related experience in office administration, including supervisory experience.
or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
May be requested to substitute in a more senior position.
Work schedule: Monday to Friday (35 hour work week)
$38.37 per hour, Pay Grade 10
Job Code #4094
This is a CUPE Local 50 Position
To apply for this opportunity you will need to create an online profile or log back in to our career portal at www.victoria.ca/jobs – only online submission will be considered. All applications must be submitted online by 4:30 pm on the closing date noted on the posting. Please be prepared to provide proof of qualifications and supporting materials as outlined in your resume.
At the City of Victoria, we are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce that represents the community we serve. Indigenous applicants, people of colour, all genders, LGBT2Q+ and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Accommodations will be provided upon request during the selection process.
If you require assistance, please email us at email@example.com.