City of Surrey
Parks Equipment Operator 3
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, the City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our City—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Term
As the Equipment Operator 3 you will be responsible for driving, operating, transporting and light servicing of all equipment operated by the Surrey Parks Division, and you will also perform manual construction, maintenance, and cemetery tasks.
Some typical duties would include: verifying site location, identifying, marking and layout of interment site, excavation of graves utilizing a mini-excavator, rigging and placement and removal of the shoring device, placement and removal of concrete and poly grave liners utilizing a truck mounted crane, transporting of equipment, movement of soil utilizing a backhoe or tractor, liaising with the funeral director and public, operating a lowering device as well as the use a variety of hand and power tools. The Equipment Operator 3 will keep accurate records; drive a City vehicle to and from job sites and interact and deal with inquiries from the public. Ensuring site safe work procedures are adhered to.
- Operate machinery with complete efficiency and safety including, but not limited to: tractors, backhoes, skid loaders, mini excavators, two-ton trucks and truck mounted lifting cranes along with all related attachments. ensure all applicable City and Provincial procedures and regulations are adhered.
- Train and instruct new personnel in the proficient and safe operation of a variety of machines and attachments
- Assist other crew members in construction, maintenance and cemetery manual tasks and interments.
- Completed grade 12 as well as 2 courses related to Parks Maintenance and Construction.
- 3 years of Parks maintenance or construction experience.
- A Valid Class 3 B.C. Driver’s License with a safe driving record.
- A valid BC Pesticide applicator’s license.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check/Vulnerable Sector Check.
This position to be posted until July 27, 2023