City of Port Coquitlam
Parks Maintenance Worker
Job ID J0723-0081
Organization: City of Port Coquitlam
Job Title: 23-101c – Parks Maintenance Worker (Casual)
Job Type: Casual
Location: Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award-winning values-based organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam is seeking positive, energetic individuals for seasonal opportunities within the Parks and Services Division. As casual Parks Maintenance Workers, incumbents will perform a diverse range of labour-related duties in turf maintenance, horticulture, park maintenance, janitorial, urban forestry, trail maintenance and cemetery operations. The work involves physical effort and agility of a repetitive nature. This position may involve working shifts that fall outside of a normal work week.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You’ve completed Grade 12
- You have six month’s related experience or successful completion of a certificate program at a recognized educational institute in horticulture or parks related program
- You have a positive can-do attitude
- You have a valid Class 5 Driver’s license for the Province of British Columbia
Why should you consider working for us?
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We care deeply about the community we serve
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement. The current rate for this casual position is $31.50 per hour (2022 rate) plus 12% in lieu of benefits.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by July 17, 2023 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 23-101c.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.
To apply click on the link below: