Position Status: Full-Time Regular
Department: Liquid Waste Services
Employee Group: GVRDEU
Location: Annacis WWTP
Salary Range/ Wage Rate: $3,492.80 bi-weekly plus 6.25% deferred compensation
Our Liquid Waste Services Department is seeking a Pipefitter/Welder who will be an integral member of the Annacis Island WWTP Maintenance team, as well as support the North West Langley WWTP. This role will be involved in maintaining, replacing and installing new pipe throughout the plant, and will be involved in maintaining three boilers that supply heat to the digesters as part of the plant process.
You are: An experienced Pipefitter with at least a “B” gas ticket and an ability to interpret plans and drawings. You are an excellent communicator and have the skills and ability to work effectively and independently.
This role: (The duties described hereunder are intended to be representative of the position and are not to be considered as all-inclusive.)
- Install, maintain, alter, overhaul and replace piping systems related to fluid and gaseous process equipment and components, including hand and power actuated valves, strainers, pressure reducing stations, back flow preventers and pressure relief valves.
- Measure, cut, thread, fit, weld and install carbon steel, stainless steel, cast iron, PVC, aluminum plate and pipe, and other types of pipes and conduits as required for process function, testing same on completion of work.
- Troubleshoot, investigate, and take remedial action on existing piping systems.
- Plan work methods and procedures following job requirements.
- Update and maintain records of completed jobs and other necessary documentation; provide information to others as needed.
- Direct work of assigned helpers and others.
- Ensures equipment and tools are in good condition and works in compliance with all District safety policies, procedures and WCB regulations, including development of safe work procedures.
- Maintains technical and safety training currency relating to the trade and the handling of noxious gases and substances such as chlorine, sulphur dioxide, etc.
To be successful, you have:
- Grade 12 (or equivalent), plus Pipefitter Trades Qualification, and B Level welding qualification with the following procedure – PWP-7/ carbon steel pipe, -10/ Stainless Steel Process pipe.
- Four years journeyman experience as a Pipefitter, including Level B welding experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work well within a team environment and ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to interpret plans and blueprints.
- Working knowledge of safety policies, procedures and practices and the ability to work in enclosed, awkward and often dirty (sewage) areas.
- Must provide own hand tools.
- Valid BC Driver’s License.
Metro Vancouver embraces collaboration and innovation in providing sustainable regional services that contribute to a livable and resilient region and a healthy natural environment for current and future generations.
We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and being representative of the region we serve. We invite all qualified candidates to apply including Indigenous People, visible minorities, immigrants, 2SLGBTQI+, all genders and persons with disabilities.
Please follow this link https://metrovancouver.org/about-us/careers to our Careers page where you can submit your application by August 7, 2023.