School District No. 35 (Langley)
Project Manager – Business Applications Solutions
Continuing, Full-Time Position
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of students? Are you passionate about using your knowledge, skills, and influence to help enhance the tech infrastructure and systems of a fast-growing organization? School District No. 35 (Langley) is looking for a talented Project Manager – Business Applications Solutions (Exempt) to join the District’s existing team of IT experts who work collaboratively to maintain a healthy, safe, and positive learning environment for all students and staff.
Reporting to the Project Manager for Continuous Improvement, the Project Manager – Business Applications Solutions role oversees project teams of up to ten (10) employees comprised of both exempt and support staff, who are responsible for delivering business change and improvement projects for schools and district services (e.g.: student registration, human resource management, school administration, student records management, reporting, and document management). The incumbent understands and communicates business requirements, while overseeing the development, delivery, and use of business applications solutions. Through this work, the Project Manager will be executing projects that have a direct impact on students, staff and the community, and will leave a legacy for future generations.
Who we are:
The Langley School District is situated on the traditional unceded territories of the Matsqui, Kwantlen, Katzie, and Semiahmoo First Nations. We are an innovative, inspiring, and unified learning community committed to our Core Values: Integrity, Courage, Excellence, and Community. Our District mission is to inspire all learners to reach their full potential and to create a positive legacy for the future. This mission is demonstrated both in and out the classroom. We offer a broad range of innovative programs and services to support the learning of our students and staff in 31 elementary, 5 middle, and 9 Secondary schools which are home to over 23,000 students. Our District celebrates diversity and fosters a nurturing and inclusive culture. We care deeply about our students and staff, and prioritize health, safety, and mental wellness through various initiatives in the District.
What you bring:
- Degree from a recognized institution in information technology, computer science, or a related field, Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, plus five (5) years of related experience managing IT-related projects and project teams, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to lead project teams in the successful implementation of IT-related projects, on time, within scope, and within budget.
- Proven leadership ability that allows you to act as a change agent, providing strategic consulting for the purposes of change management and organizational development.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Business analyst competency training, experience or certification (i.e. International Institute for Business Analysis [IIBA]) is an asset.
- Software development life cycle methodology training is an asset.
- Web application programming in a .NET environment.
- Fluency in English. Excellent English language oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success working collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead problem solving initiatives to resolution.
- Awareness of Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service delivery process standards.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience building and working with Business Process Automation tools.
- Lean Six Sigma certification is considered an asset.
- Ability to “wear many hats” as projects will need direct engagement from multiple levels, (building, maintaining, scaling, etc.)
To fulfill the duties successfully, this role has the benefit of:
- A comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental, and municipal pension plan.
- Career growth with employer-paid Pro-D training and leadership development opportunities.
- Health & Wellness supports through our Health & Wellness Support Program, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families.
To submit your application for this job posting, please apply online on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3NNkdII