City of Courtenay
RCMP Municipal LAN Administrator
The RCMP Municipal LAN Administrator provides technical support in the development, implementation, integration and maintenance of components of IT infrastructure and operations, in support of service delivery to internal and external clients and stakeholders.
The Successful Candidate Will Have:
- Successful completion of two years of acceptable post-secondary educational program in computer science, information technology, information management or another specialty relevant to the position to be staffed, or an acceptable combination of education, training and or experience**
- **Acceptable combination is defined as secondary school diploma along with at least one industry standard certification/designation (ie. CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network +, MCSE, etc.), and at least two years related experience in a tech support role.
- RCMP Secret level security clearance
- Special Provincial Constable appointment
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s license
- Considerable (5 years) experience in a police administrative environment
- Experience using PRIME-RMS (Police Records Information Management Environment Records Management System), CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre), Console One, Active Directory.
- Training and/or experience in the use of recognized office computer software including Crystal Reports; Inventory systems such as ‘WiseTrack’; ticketing systems and logging
- Experience deploying software applications, providing technical support and guidance to users, such as troubleshooting workstation and network issues.
- Experience procuring IT hardware and software Experience using Microsoft Active Directory in an NDS environment as it pertains to creating and maintaining user accounts and access to file system resources
- Experience implementing and support current Windows operating systems, end user software and end user computer and peripherals in a network environment
- Knowledge of Criminal Code of Canada, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, Canada Evidence Act and various other federal, provincial and municipal acts and policies
- Demonstrated knowledge of Law Enforcement Court procedures as it relates to this position
- Knowledge of policies/guidelines and processes/procedure/methods relating to the seizure, handling, processing, packaging and storage of exhibits/evidence is required
- Knowledge of RCMP Policies and Procedures
- Knowledge of RCMP structure, mandate, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of WorkSafeBC regulations and safe work procedures
- Knowledge of police databases including CPIC, JUSTIN, PRIME, PIP, IBook, IScreen, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of various office equipment and related software programs
- Sound knowledge of methods, procedure, principles and practices used in records management and the storage of exhibits
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 64 bit operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft SCCM, Console One, Novell Networks, Netware Directory Services, Dell and HP server hardware, ICVS systems, Mobile Networking, Internet Security, and General Networking Protocols and concepts.
- Knowledge of equipment configurations applicable to LAN/WAN based systems.
- Knowledge of IT security.
- Knowledge of Federal Government IT procurement policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of standards and methodologies for configuring, installing and testing of hardware and software in a computing environment to ensure they work properly and meet user requirements.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail including completing and reviewing detailed forms, reading, writing and proof-reading memos, letters, statements and other documents and correspondence
- Analytical and problem-solving skills related to the interaction of network components and personal computers for the identification, isolation and resolution of hardware, software and network connectivity problems
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with Court Personnel, RCMP Members and other staff, all levels of government agencies and charitable organizations
- Ability to deal courteously, professionally and tactfully with all concerns and questions raised by RCMP Members and others on the phone, in person and in writing
- Ability to remain calm during stressful and/or high-pressure situations
- Ability to obtain and maintain RCMP Secret Level security screening
- Ability to obtain maintain “Special Provincial Constable” appointment
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and provide solutions to problems that arise
- Ability to work within and contribute to a proactive team environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies, regulations and statutes
- Ability to effectively establish and adjust priorities in a rapidly changing work environment
The current hourly wage rate for this full-time position is $37.73 based on a 35-hour work week.
If you have the qualifications along with the passion to help Courtenay be the most livable City in British Columbia, then submit a resume outlining how you meet the qualifications with a covering letter clearly marked “Application – RCMP Municipal LAN Administrator”. Submit your application online at www.courtenay.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those short listed will be contacted.
Notice Posted: June 29, 2023