Great City, Great Work, Great Future!
DEPARTMENT: Office of the CAO – Legislative Services
STATUS: Regular Full-time
NO. OF POSITIONS: One
UNION: CUPE, Local 387
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per week
SALARY: $61,252 to $72,136 annually plus benefits (2021 rates)
The City has an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented team player to join the Legislative Services team. As a Records Analyst, you will administer, coordinate, and maintain the corporate records management system and will assist with administering the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act requirements. In addition, you will develop and establish corporate standards, procedures, and policies related to records; ensure compliance with internal and external records retention regulations; analyze records requirements for the city’s departments; respond to FOI and Privacy issues as directed by the supervisor; provide vacation relief for the FOI and Privacy Coordinator; and recommend and develop record management training materials and conduct training sessions.
If you have the following characteristics and qualifications, we want to hear from you!
- You have completed a recognized records management program at a post-secondary institution, supplemented by at least two years of experience in records management – an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered. A Masters of Archival Science (MAS) is an asset.
- You are knowledgeable about the City’s departments’ functions and policies and procedures.
- You are an expert in corporate records classification systems and related information classification principles and procedures.
- You are skilled in conducting training sessions related to the work performed, including developing training and user guide materials.
- You are capable of analyzing users’ records requirements and recommending procedures to integrate the same into the corporate records information management system.
- You are able to make decisions in light of established precedence and be resourceful in resolving new matters.
- You have the natural ability to deal courteously with client departments regarding the records management system and related records retention requirements.
- You have a track record of preparing, maintaining and controlling a variety of records and analyzing and preparing reports on matters related to the work.
- You have knowledge and experience working with a corporate IT department, fluent in IT terminology and can easily learn new software systems.
- You have managed records with an Electronic Document Management System, preference will be given to individuals experienced with eDoc by OpenText and Sharepoint.
- You are a skilled Microsoft email user and have experience with a corporate scanning system.
Apply online with your cover letter and resume in one document at www.newwestcity.ca/employment
To support a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community; women, Indigenous Peoples, racialized individuals, persons of diverse sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (LGBTQ2S+), persons with disabilities, and others who may contribute to diversity of our workforce, are encouraged to express their interest.
New Westminster is on the unceded and unsurrendered land of the Halq’eméylem-speaking peoples. ` It is acknowledged by the City that colonialism has made invisible their histories and connections to the land. We are learning and building relationships with the people whose lands we are on.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.