DISTRICT OF SAANICH
LEGISLATIVE & PROTECTIVE SERVICES
RECORDS AND INFORMATION SERVICES
RECORDS AND INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ANALYST
One Permanent Full Time Position
The District of Saanich is the largest municipality on beautiful Vancouver Island, blending urban and rural environment and home to approximately 124,000 citizens. We provide a welcoming environment and maintain a healthy, dynamic, and safe workplace that consistently attracts the best talent to provide excellent services to our community. The District offices are located next to beautiful Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary and are accessible by rapid transit and via the Galloping Goose and Lochside Regional trails.
We provide a collaborative, dynamic and progressive work environment that enables our people to perform at their best and grow their skills. Our competitive wages, excellent benefits package, municipal pension plan, various flexible work arrangements, supporting and inclusive work environment and progressive initiatives make the District of Saanich a highly desirable place to invest your talent.
There is an exciting permanent full-time opportunity available on our Records and Information Services team in the Legislative & Protective Services Department. The Records and Information Management Analyst provides expert advice and leadership specific to corporate recordkeeping systems and information management. This position works collaboratively with internal stakeholders and partners in evolving and advancing a modern information management framework, including Electronic Document Records Management System (EDRMS) implementation, to support effective record and information use for compliance requirements, business needs and organizational performance over time.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A Degree in Library/Information Management, Information Systems, Business Administration, or related field.
- 6 years related experience in progressive records and information management role, or related field.
- Experience with privacy legislation, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FIPPA)
- Experience in project management, corporate change management, and paper to electronic records conversion.
- Strong technical and information management skills with the ability to work across multiple tools and platforms.
- Strong knowledge of information management processes and methodologies.
- Proficiency and experience with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Proficiency in using SharePoint and experience configuring libraries, content types, document sets, managed metadata, and views desired.
- Experience working with SpaceObServer and/or other file and storage analysis tools is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
This is a C.U.P.E. Local 2011 position with a wage of $47.74 (Pay Grade P, 2023 rate), an excellent benefits package and a generous pension plan. Job description and competition information can be found at www.saanich.ca. Please apply by 11:45 p.m. on Wednesday, August 2, 2023 quoting competition 23232 to: Human Resources, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC, V8X 2W7. Although we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted.
As an equitable and inclusive employer, we value diversity of people to best represent the community we serve and provide excellent services to our citizens. We strive to attract and retain passionate and talented individuals of all backgrounds, demographics, and life experiences. If you require any adjustments to enable participation at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact in confidence accessibilityHR@saanich.ca.
Applying from out of town? See what Saanich has to offer! bit.ly/NaturalSaanich