The City of Medicine Hat
Recreation Facilities Labourer
Maintenance / Trades
City of Medicine Hat
Jul 31, 2023
Now Hiring Temporary Labourer
In Medicine Hat you’ll enjoy a perfectly sized city and an inviting community with an enviable quality of life. And here at the City of Medicine Hat, you’ll be part of a workplace that’s productive and engaged, and one that boasts a talented and diverse workforce.
The City of Medicine Hat Parks and Recreation Department is searching for temporary laborer’s who will be responsible for the general clean up and minor maintenance of recreation facilities. Duties include performing basic, minor building repairs and routine maintenance and assisting the Facility Operators with duties such as general security of the facility, cleaning and resurfacing ice surfaces, maintenance of equipment, pool cleaning and sanitation, etc. Shifts will vary and will include evenings and weekends and will require the ability to be called in on short notice. Locations of work include all Recreation facilities.
Our ideal candidate
- Working knowledge of custodial techniques, cleaning equipment and cleaning supplies.
- Mechanical aptitude with a basic understanding of general maintenance principles.
- Ability and flexibility to adjust to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work with limited direction and solve routine work problems.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of safety requirements, emergency procedures, applicable standard operating procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing with fellow employees and members of the general public.
- Ability to make sound decisions using good judgement.
- Assist with the general security of the facility and ensures the safety and orderly conduct of facility users.
- Document and reports necessary repairs and potential problems to the Senior Facility Operator.
- Successful completion of Grade 12 or high school equivalency diploma.
- Three (3) months related experience in aquatic, dryland and ice recreation facility operations.
- Demonstrated working knowledge and ability to use power and hand tools and equipment.
- Must possess and a maintain a valid Class 5 Driver’s License, with an acceptable driving record.
- This position is identified as safety sensitive and requires completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
- Must possess current Standard First Aid and CPR certificates.
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Medicine Hat Council approved the implementation of a one-year electric scooter (e-scooter) pilot program in May 2022. This program is fully funded and operated through Bird Canada, based out of Calgary, Alberta. For more information on e-scooters and the program, please visit www.birdcanada.ca THAT’S INNOVATION, MEDICINE HAT STYLE!
Application Return Apply online at: https://medicinehat.prevueaps.ca/jobs/