Recreation Leader 1 (Arena Services)
Hourly Wage: $28.35 + 12% in lieu of benefits.
7/13/23 12:02 PM
The goal of the City of Burnaby and its employees is to consistently deliver first class service and services to our community. With this in mind, we hire people who share the same passion, those with the drive and determination to grow with and contribute to our already exceptional team. People like you!
Bill Copeland Sports Centre, Kensington Complex and Rosemary Brown Arena Services are looking for individuals with strong customer service and leadership skills who are committed to working with children and families to deliver first-class skating opportunities for our community. Our dedicated and dynamic staff team is welcoming applications for a Recreation Leader 1 for our Recreational Skating Programs (Drop-In Skating Programs, Skating Lessons, School Bookings and Special Event Skates).
This role includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure customer satisfaction by anticipating and exceeding customer expectations in providing customer service and ensuring a fun and safe environment for all participants
- Training and supervising a team of recreation attendants, contract skating instructors, program leaders and volunteers
- Assisting with the development and delivery and assessment of recreational ice-skating programs including skating lessons
- Promoting interest and providing leadership in recreational, social, and cultural program activities
- Being able to communicate effectively with participants and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the public
- Thorough understanding of City of Burnaby policies and procedures is considered an asset
The qualifications for this position include:
- The successful applicant will have strong customer service skills, proven public relations skills and effective communication and strong ice-skating skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to work independently
- Experience supervising staff in a recreation setting is preferred
- Knowledge of skating instruction techniques and skill progressions
- Recreation Leadership Diploma, Recreational Ice-Skating Instructors course and NCCP courses are considered assets
- Required are valid Emergency First Aid with CPR C certification and Driver’s License for the Province of British Columbia
This position is seasonal, starting in September 2023 and ending in March 2024. Shifts vary within the hours of 8:30am – 9:45pm Monday to Sunday.
Apply online at www.burnaby.ca/careers today! This competition will remain open until filled.
Applicants under consideration will be required to consent to a Police Information Check.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an on-ice assessment will be contacted
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Visit us at www.burnaby.ca