City of Port Coquitlam
Recreation Leader – Youth
Organization: City of Port Coquitlam
Job Title: 23-086e- Recreation Leader – Youth (Part Time)
Job Type: Regular Part Time
Location: Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Find out why our AMAZING employees love working for the City of Port Coquitlam!
Affectionately known as “PoCo”, we are an award-winning organization made up of a diverse and dedicated team of people who care deeply about the community they serve.
The City of Port Coquitlam’s Recreation Department is currently seeking positive, enthusiastic and customer service-oriented individuals to join our team as part time Recreation Leaders in our Youth Services section. We are looking for individuals who have strong interpersonal skills and are passionate about working with youth in a recreation setting.
Duties include instructing/facilitating programs and services, preparing individual program plans and promoting interest and encouraging participation in program activity all within a recreation setting. Shifts may vary between Monday-Thursdays 2:30-7:45, Fridays 2:30-8:45pm, and Saturdays 5:00-8:45pm.
If many of the following characteristics and skills describe you, we want to meet you!
- You have strong communication and leadership skills
- You are committed to providing excellent customer service
- You are passionate about community engagement
- You are a team player
- You have 6 months of full-time equivalent experience working with Youth in the recreation field
- You have a minimum of two post-secondary courses related to recreation management with a focus on Youth
- You hold a Standard First Aid certificate
- A valid Class 4 Drivers License is an asset
Why should you consider working for us?
- We take our work seriously but not ourselves
- We have a positive attitude about the work we perform
- We care deeply about our community
- Our organization is the ideal size for you to make a difference and have an impact
- We have a strong learning culture and want our people to grow and succeed
- We are a diverse, inclusive and supportive workplace
The 2022 rate of pay for this part time position is $24.21 per hour plus 16% in lieu of all benefits. The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the CUPE Collective Agreement.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply online by July 24, 2023 at www.portcoquitlam.ca/cityjobs quoting competition number 23-086e.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those to be interviewed will be contacted.
The City of Port Coquitlam will conduct a criminal record check.
To apply click on the link below: