City of Surrey
Recreation Supervisor – Community Services Assistant 5 (RFT)
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation. City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward. Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
The City of Surrey’s Recreation Division aims to build healthy communities where all people are active and engaged for life. As part of that commitment Recreation services are looking for a Community Services Assistant 5 to help ensure our programs meet the needs of the community.
Union – CUPE Local 402 – Regular Full-Time
The Community Services Assistant is responsible for planning, scheduling, and implementing of programs which may include but are not limited to licensed care programs including preschool and before and afterschool care, non licensed programs including day camps, special events and birthday parties. Duties include:
- Plans, schedules, implements, evaluates, and provides feedback on a wide range of programs and services.
- Assists with hiring and training of staff and volunteers for a variety of programs.
- Supervision of staff and volunteers and ensures that the City’s policies and procedures are met during the performance of ongoing duties.
- Develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with local community members, organizations, and City staff.
- Plan, organize and implement events for the community.
- Support the marketing and promotion of programs and services.
- Works independently and in a team setting.
- Researches and develops new program ideas.
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic individual with a passion for and experience working with community. Our ideal candidate is a person who is flexible and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
You will have:
- Graduated from a recognized university or college level program and 2 years progressively responsible experience in recreation, including supervision, or an equivalent acceptable combination of training and experience.
- A current Emergency First Aid and CPR certificate (or acceptable equivalent).
- A valid BC Driver’s License with safe driving history.
- Eligibility to register with BCRPA in relevant Speciality or an acceptable equivalent.
- High Five Certification or an acceptable equivalent.
- Consent to disclosure of Criminal Record Information
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply at https://www.surrey.ca/about-surrey/jobs-careers to Job ID 5344.
This Posting Closes on July 18, 2023.