Town of Comox
Located on the east coast of Vancouver Island, Comox boasts a seaside location, mountainous horizon, and rich farmlands throughout the Comox Valley. With a temperate year-round climate, nearby forests, unsurpassed recreational opportunities, beaches and the ocean, Comox offers every enjoyable pursuit imaginable and lends itself to a quality of life that one would consider outstanding.
The Town of Comox is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Revenue Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Revenue Manager overseeing the operating functions of the Revenue Center, including managing and directing the work of customer service, accounts receivable, and accounting support staff. Work is broad in scope and generally of high complexity. The successful candidate will be required to research and interpret legislation and is responsible for achieving efficient operations through reliable performance in accounting, collection functions, and preparation of bylaws and revenue controls. The Revenue Manager is expected to exercise sound judgment, tact and discretion in dealing with confidential matters and demonstrate exceptional customer service to other departments within the organization and the public.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- Minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience with an in-depth understanding of accounting functions;
- Leadership and supervisory skills and experience;
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and complete work independently with a high degree of accuracy;
- Capable of building and maintaining close working relationships and facilitating collaboration with staff, other departments, and other stakeholders;
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office and accounting software packages;
- Ability to take responsibility for resolving issues with staff, tech support, software providers, and vendors;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service skills; and
- Clean Criminal Record Check
A detailed job description is available on the Town’s website at www.comox.ca
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes (including references and cover letter) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be received until 4:30 pm Friday July 21, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those short listed for interviews will be contacted.