RFT Labourer (Solid Waste)
Job order – J0723-0510 – Regular Full-Time
Title RFT Labourer (Solid Waste)
Category Operations (Works Yard)
City Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
Job Description RFT Labourer (Solid Waste)
We have a regular, full-time opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working and experienced Labourer to provide assistance to the Solid Waste & Recycling area.
This is routine manual work entailing considerable physical effort and agility in the safe performance of a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled maintenance tasks and the use of hand and power tools. The Labourer will drive and operate a variety of equipment while performing tasks which may include installing signs, compacting materials, cutting pipe, vegetation removal, and litter collection. This position also assists with emergency maintenance and repairs. This position will support the Solid Waste department for general labouring duties and will act as a back-up Solid Waste Relief Driver, as required.
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory police records check and a satisfactory driver’s abstract.
- Grade 12 education plus a minimum of six months of job-related experience including:
- Experience using a various types of machinery on construction and landscape sites
- Experience in the maintenance and construction of roads, sewers, waterworks and parks
- Experience with litter collection and other tasks in solid waste & recycling
- Experience with traffic control, snow removal, flood control and other emergency respons
- Ability to operate a variety of small equipment safely and efficiently
- Sufficient physical strength, stamina and coordination to permit the performance of heavy manual outdoor work in all weather conditions
- Valid Class 3 Driver’s License with Air Endorsement is required
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.