Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation
Senior Administrative Officer
$110,000–$140,000 a year
Fixed term contract
Shift & schedule
Monday to Friday
The Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation Leadership is seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Administrative Officer to lead in a team environment, and oversee the management and operations of the Lutsel K’e Dene First Nation (LKDFN). The SAO reports directly to Chief and Council. The SAO will ensure that all operations are conducted effectively and efficiently, ensuring that all decisions and actions comply with the relevant legislation, policies and procedures. The SAO is also responsible for the management, operations and the delivery of municipal programs.
Term – Minimum of 2 Years
Reports to – LKDFN Chief and Council
- Manage all LKDFN programs and services to ensure that services to residents and the public are provided in an effective and efficient manner;
- Manage staff in order to ensure a productive, positive and healthy work environment;
- Ensure the proper financial management of all LKDFN operations in order to ensure that finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner and comply with relevant legislation, policies and procedures;
- Maintain the general administration of the LKDFN;
- Coordinate community development, public and community relations activities;
- Provide support and advice to the Chief and Council
- Perform other related duties as required
- Post-secondary degree in Management, Finance, Public and/or Local Administration
- 5 years of directly related experience in a community government setting including managing programs and staff
- 3 to 5 years of experience in financial management
- Several years’ work experienced with First Nations at a senior level
- Knowledge of the history of Treaty 8 and the current Akaitcho Territory Process (Treaty implementation)
- Salary for this position is negotiable depending on qualifications and experience.
- A detailed job description is available upon requests.
- Eligible applicants will be contacted for an interview.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send/email your resume at:
firstname.lastname@example.org along with your covering letter to Andre Larabie, Interim Senior Administrative Officer.
Closing Date: Friday July 21, 2023 @ 5 pm
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Contract length: 24 months
Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-07-21