Are you looking for an opportunity to flex your relationship management and consultation skills to enable the government to manage risks? Do you have strong business acumen and an understanding of senior-level decision-making processes? If this sounds like you, the Risk Advisory Office, Treasury Board Secretariat, is seeking strategic thinkers to support the Province’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program. This will include acting as a first point of contact for ministries, providing strategic advice on the integration of risk information, and governance structures for managing enterprise risks, and implementation of risk tools across the Ontario Public Service (OPS). Come join this diverse team of high-performing and agile leaders in a flexible, purpose-driven environment!
Note: These positions are located at 375 University Ave., in Toronto; however, alternate work arrangements may be available.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful, and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-public-service-anti-racism-policy > and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint < https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint > pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advance racial equity, accessibility, diversity, and inclusion in the public service.
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/ontario-human-rights-code >. Refer to the application instructions below if you require a disability-related accommodation.
What can I expect to do in this role?
- lead project teams, and manage concurrent operational transformation projects related to the OPS’s enterprise risk management agenda
- design processes and provide direction and advice to clients and stakeholders to enable them to review and implement tools/resources and ensure alignment and effectiveness of risk processes
- help ministries to ensure that effective ERM governance and oversight structures are in place and are functioning in order to develop risk-management capacity and support the Province’s ability to make risk- and evidence-based decisions
- develop, maintain and manage complex relationships with colleagues, clients, stakeholders and project sponsors
How do I qualify?
Business acumen and strategic management knowledge:
- you have an advanced understanding of governance, policy development, program delivery and decision-making in a functional public sector environment
- you have the ability to take a ‘big picture’ view of complex situations, weigh it up quickly, make a logical, sound judgement and influence others
- you demonstrate a high level of judgment, tact and political acuity to maintain political sensitivity
- you have demonstrated strategic thinking to identify the broad impact of options and recommendations on decision-making
Relationship management and communication skills:
- you have proven experience managing and facilitating complex relationships which include multiple internal/external stakeholders
- you have demonstrated experience using consultative techniques to build strong linkages with your partners, and are able to influence without formal authority
- you have demonstrated experience communicating complex and sensitive information to senior leaders
- you have exceptional written and oral communication skills to communicate with stakeholders and translate complex risk-management concepts/content into options and recommendations that are clear and concise
Technical skills and knowledge:
- you have demonstrated experience with strategic risk management, business planning and governance best practices in a functional environment
- you have excellent research and analytical skills
- you have demonstrated experience in, and understanding of, the skills required to implement risk management initiatives and transformational projects
- you can identify and assess a broad range of issues, and emerging trends and directions
- you have demonstrated experience leading transformational projects in a cross-functional operational environment
- you have proven experience in project management, and risk-management methodologies and best practices
- you have successfully managed complex, concurrent projects involving multiple stakeholders, and successfully led change with initiative
Salary Range: $82,215 – $119,496 Per Year
2 Temporary, duration up to 12 months (with possible extension), 375 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, July 19, 2023, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 198587 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.