Ministry of Labour
Multiple Locations (Hybrid)
Flexible work options are available; this position may work a hybrid schedule as per the telework agreement.
Senior Industrial Relations Officer
$74,300.00 – $105,000.04 annually
The Employment Standards Branch (ESB) ensures that all employees under provincial jurisdiction, including temporary foreign workers (TFWs), receive minimum employment standards and are treated fairly at work. In discharging its mandate, the ESB conducts investigations, inspections and audits; issues decisions, permits, licenses and variances; collects unpaid wages and maintains mandatory employer registries. The Branch also engages in outreach and education to increase awareness of the rights and obligations of employees, TFWs and employers in British Columbia.
As a Senior Industrial Relations Officer, you’re a resource for British Columbians to navigate workplace rights. You ensure employees receive basic standards of compensation and conditions of employment under the Employment Standards Act (ESA) and the Temporary Foreign Workers Protection Act (TFWPA). This role balances investigation, dispute resolution and administrative decision-making. This position will conduct complex, multiple-issue investigations under the legislation and assess outcomes to assist employees and employers in resolving disputes. The role is also responsible for writing and issuing legally binding decisions under the ESA and TFWPA.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Completed bachelor’s degree OR combination of four (4) years education and related experience* may be considered.
- Related experience* must include:
- Conducting workplace or regulatory investigations.
- Applying information to legislation, contracts or polices and communicating a written course of action, outcome or decision.
- Experience conducting investigations.
- Experience interpreting and applying legislation, contracts or policies.
- Experience working with parties to resolve disputes.
- Experience producing written analysis that:
- assesses information.
- considers interpretation and application of legislation, contracts, or policies.
- decides an outcome or recommends a course of action.
For more information, a complete list of qualifications and to apply online by June 25, 2023, please go to: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/101756