Specialty Instructor – Curling
Job order – J0822-1222 – Casual
Title Specialty Instructor – Curling
City Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
Job Description Specialty Instructor – Curling
The Port Moody Community Services Department is currently seeking personable, experienced, reliable, and dynamic Specialty Instructors to lead a variety of children and adult programs in a school or recreational setting. This position will be responsible for instructing and facilitating school, recreational and social curling programs and bookings on weekdays and/or weekends.
- Facilitating group bookings on the curling ice (depending on the type of booking, groups may require instruction or draw set ups)
- Ensuring safe behavior on and off ice.
- Working in a team environment
- Related experience working with children and adults in a recreation or sport setting.
- Emergency First Aid with CPR-C or equivalent
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership characteristics
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory Police Information Check. A satisfactory driver’s abstract may also be required.