City of Surrey
Support Specialist 2
As one of the fastest growing cities in Canada, City of Surrey is a globally recognized leader in building vibrant, sustainable communities through technology and innovation.
City of Surrey employees are talented innovators, inspired by meaningful work and the opportunity to drive our city—and their careers—forward.
Build a City. Build a Future at the City of Surrey
Regular Full-Time (CUPE)
As a Support Specialist 2, under direct supervision, within well-defined procedures and established methods, you would provide ServiceDesk support to users by way of telephone, email, and in-person in relation to:
- Desktop software and hardware
- Enterprise applications
- Print, telecom and mobile
- Installations, upgrades, moves, changes
You are able to effectively triages tickets and provide advice/support to junior team members. As well, you have a working knowledge of the City’s IT Infrastructure, core business applications, and tools implemented to meet business needs and you are able to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment and have the ability to perform under pressure while meeting deadlines established according to corporate priorities.
- Respond to and diagnose problems through troubleshooting and discussions with colleagues and vendor support.
- Respond to non-routine inquiries and provide detailed explanations and recommendations.
- Identify and research problems and provide resolution.
- Prioritize daily tasks for self and junior staff.
- Utilize problem management database/help desk systems and ensure knowledge base articles are created and kept up-to-date.
- Ensure a level of quality is maintained for own work, and work of more junior staff.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Take initiative to resolve issues and minimize business impact.
- Draft, review, and distribute IT-ServiceDesk communication.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- A Post-secondary certificate in a related field plus one year of experience or an acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A+ Certification or acceptable equivalent
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification
This position to be posted until June 30, 2023