Capital Regional District
Tennis Instructor 3 (Club Pro 1)
Parks & Environmental Services – Panorama Recreation (in North Saanich, Victoria BC)
Competition Number: 23/167
Employment Type: Auxiliary
Hours of Work: Up to 14 hours bi-weekly
Rate of Pay: $28.58 per hour (plus 14% in lieu of benefits) (2023 rates)
Review of applications begins: 4:00pm on July 31, 2023, but this posting will remain open until filled.
The Instructional Team Leader 1 provides direct instruction and leadership of private and group tennis lessons to adults, youth and/or children at Panorama Recreation.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
People working in this role can expect to be responsible for performing the following duties. This list is not meant to be comprehensive and other related duties similar in scope and complexity may be performed.
- Provides direct instruction and leadership of tennis lessons to adults, youth and/or children
- Plans and delivers a lesson or series of lessons with a tactical or technical focus
- Prepares equipment necessary for instruction prior to the start of the session
- Tailors drills as needed to ensure inclusion and engagement of all participants in group programs.
- Ensures clear and respectful communication with players, parents/guardians, co-workers and supervisor(s)
- Provides excellent service to both internal and external customers
- Maintains a clean and safe environment
- Keeps accurate attendance records
- Follows of policies, procedures and standards of the CRD
- Other related duties as required
- Completion of Grade 12
- Tennis Canada Club Professional 1 certification or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 3 years of tennis coaching experience
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Minimum level of play: 4.5
- Ability to increase/decrease the difficulty of drills to customize lessons.
- Possess the playing, demonstration and feeding abilities commensurate an ability to work with players up to a 4.5 level
- An acceptable criminal record check will be required to work in this position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
To be successful at the CRD, candidates should have a shared understanding of our Cultural Traits and Statement of Reconciliation with Indigenous peoples
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit www.crd.bc.ca and submit your application on our careers page.
We welcome all qualified applicants to apply and may consider a combination of experience, education and/or training where possible.