TRANSIT ROAD SUPERVISOR
Located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the Musqueam, Squamish, and Tsleil-Waututh Nations, West Vancouver is a vibrant community on the North Shore and home to parks, beaches, and to sports, recreation and arts amenities. We are seeking employees with a passion for public service who share our commitment to creating a complete, inclusive and livable community. Our dedicated staff deliver services, operate facilities and run the programs that enhance the well-being of our community.
The District of West Vancouver’s Transit Department has an immediate opening for a Permanent Full-time Transit Road Supervisor.
Reporting to the Transit Operations Supervisor, this position will be scheduled on a rotational basis and must be available to work early mornings, days, evenings, and night shifts. Duties will include:
· Ensuring that the Transit system provides effective, safe and reliable services to the public;
· directing operational tasks and activities for operators out on the roads;
· responding to public complaints and taking appropriate remedial action;
· attending busy bus stops to organize and manage passengers;
· assisting Operators out on the roads;
· assisting in managing team and individual professional development;
· liaising with other District departments and outside agencies;
· participating in other duties and special projects as assigned.
The preferred candidates will possess post-secondary Business Administration and Supervisor courses and supervisory experience in the Transit industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A valid Class 2 Drivers Licence for the Province of British Columbia is required.
This position will be required to work evenings, night shifts, and weekends on a rotating basis.
The successful candidates will be required to supply a police information check and a copy of their credentials.
Exempt – Temporary, Full-Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week (hours and days of work may vary)
11:59 p.m. on June 22, 2023
Please visit the District of West Vancouver’s Career Centre at www.westvancouver.ca/careers to apply for this position.
We want to thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted