City of Maple Ridge
User Support Assistant 2
Status: Regular Full Time – CUPE
Department: Information Technology
Salary: $31.41 – $37.00 per hour
Closing: July 9, 2023
Come grow with The City of Maple Ridge! Are you a team player with a “can do attitude”, excellent communication and customer service skills? We have the perfect opportunity for you!
As User Support Assistant 2, you are the first line of contact for the technical concerns of internal staff. You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment requiring collaboration, commitment and creativity along with ease in dealing with staff, senior levels of leadership, and elected officials. The successful candidate will be customer focused, have good communication skills, excellent team building skills with the ability to create a positive work environment.
A good grasp of technology for troubleshooting issues and providing solutions is critical. You will work with considerable independence within defined limits, and escalate policy, unusual or unresolved issues to other team members or superiors. Deploying hardware and software, using remote tools, inventory and purchasing equipment are all required of this position.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by certification courses in computer operations, software applications and local area networks and considerable related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Considerable knowledge of the practices and procedures used in the operation of computer equipment and software applications and their capabilities as related to the work performed.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Sound knowledge of municipal rules, regulations, policies and procedures as they relate to the work performed.
- Ability to investigate and resolve routine equipment and training of municipal staff.
- Ability to provide advice and assistance to users regarding software application and the use of equipment and to provide training as required.
- Ability to create databases, spreadsheets, macros and menus as requested.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of computerized and manual records, forms and other materials.
LICENCES AND CERTIFICATES
Valid Class 5 Driver’s License for the Province of BC
HOURS OF WORK
As per article 13:01 c of the Collective Agreement:
Seven (7) consecutive hours between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. The standard work week consists of five (5) consecutive working days from Monday to Friday. Employees in this position may be scheduled to work extended hours on a weekend or evening up to six occurrences in a calendar year.
At the City of Maple Ridge, we are dedicated to cultivating an inclusive culture that actively values and embraces diversity. We strive to attract and retain a talented, diverse workforce that is broadly reflective of the community we proudly serve. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
The City of Maple Ridge is a great place to work with competitive compensation packages that include the Municipal Pension Plan, a strong employee wellness program and the opportunity for professional career growth and professional development. If you want to help shape a growing community in a municipality that strives for service excellence, then this is the position for you.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.