The Corporation of the Village of Telkwa seeking applications for a full-time Utility Person to join our Public Works team. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual that will work under the supervision of the Working Foreman and/or the Director of Operations and will assist in the day-to-day operations and maintenance within the Village as follows:
- Maintenance and repair of all Village buildings and structures
- Maintenance of all parks, trails and open green space areas within the Village
- Maintenance of all playground equipment, playing fields and ice rinks
- Maintenance and repair to the Cemetery including preparation of grave sites and placement of headstones (including record keeping).
- Proficient in the operation and use of a variety of light and heavy-duty equipment
- Proficient in the operation and use of hand tools
- Operations and repair of all maintenance related equipment
- Responsible for all deep excavation activity for water and sewer utilities in accordance with WorkSafe BC regulations
- Maintenance and repair of all Village streets/roads and parking lots, including snow removal
- Collection and disposal of garbage and spring clean up
- On-call duties as assigned – after probationary period
- Other duties as required
Proponents must have a minimum of Grade 12 with Certificate of Graduation or equivalent supplemented by carpentry, mechanical or equipment operator experience. Candidates must have a valid Class 5 BC driver’s licence (unrestricted) with airbrake endorsement, provide a current drivers’ abstract at time of application. Any job-related diplomas or certificates, particularly EOCP Certifications, are considered an asset.
This is a CUPE Union position and will be subject to Union dues. A detailed job description is available on the Village of Telkwa website www.telkwa.ca. The hourly rate of pay for this position will range from $28.65 to $33.90, depending on qualifications and experience. The hours of work will be from Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week, with an attractive benefits package after completion of the required 90-working day probationary period.
Candidates are invited to submit their resume, including three current references and cover letter, to the attention of:
Lev Hartfeil, Director of Operations
Village of Telkwa Office at 1415 Hankin Avenue,
Box 220, Telkwa, BC V0J 2X0
Fax: (250) 846-9572
Application deadline is Monday, July 17, 2023 at 4:00 pm.