Be a part of something great!
Water Operator 3
(One position total from #23-U095 and #23-U094)
Competition #: 23-U095
Web Site: tol.ca/careers
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs, and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Water Operator 3 (one position total from 23-U095 and #23-U094) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Utilities Operations Department. Reporting to the Utilities Operations Manager, in this unionized position you will assign, inspect, supervise and assist in the work of utilities operations crew performing installation, maintenance and repair of water system and services.
- Assign, schedule, inspect and participate in the work of others performing inspection, maintenance service and repairs of water pumping and pressure reducing stations, reservoir maintenance, water meters and water quality sampling
- Review, revise and implement minor changes and recommend implementation of major changes in the preventive maintenance program for water system facilities and related equipment
- Determine priorities and inspect work in progress for conformance to established standards
- Prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports and provide cost and time estimates for projects as required
- Investigate complaints, explain work methods, schedules, and related matters
- Respond to emergency trouble calls and determine methods of correction action
- Ensure conformance to safety procedures and precautions
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by related technical courses, plus considerable related experience including some supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions related to utilities operations
- Ability to plan, assign, supervise and check the work of others involved in utilities operations
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports, and read sketches, plans and drawings
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and assist in training, evaluations and discipline
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5-year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and/or Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
- EOCP Water Distribution – Level 3
- EOCP Water Treatment – Level 2
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $43.76 – $46.37 per hour (3 steps, 2023 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: July 14, 2023
External closing date for this competition: July 14, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.