Be a part of something great!
Water Operator 4
(One position total from #23-U094 and #23-U095)
Competition #: 23-U094
Web Site: tol.ca/careers
Join a “Community of Communities” – the Township of Langley, home to approximately 150,000 residents, is committed to providing progressive business, housing, and recreational opportunities, while balancing its unique mix of urban growth and rural beauty. A truly fun and beautiful place to work, the Township of Langley offers competitive salaries, excellent benefit packages, municipal pension plan, employee wellness programs, and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
The Township of Langley is currently recruiting for a regular full-time Water Operator 4 (one position total from 23-U094 and #23-U095) to join our team of professionals in the Engineering Division, Utilities Operations Department. Reporting to the Utilities Operations Manager, in this unionized position you will be responsible for the overall coordination and direction of utilities operations crew performing installation, maintenance and repair of water system and services.
- Plan, assign, supervise, check, and oversee the work of a group of skilled and semi-skilled employees engaged in installation, maintenance, and repairs
- Schedule and coordinate operating, maintenance and capital works activities, resource planning and projects as required
- Attend meetings and inspect work in progress to ensure conformance to established standards
- Investigate and resolve issues/complaints from the public regarding water quality, composition, pressures, and supply issues
- Develop, revise, and implement minor changes to the preventive maintenance program for water system facilities and related equipment, and recommend implementation of major changes as required
- Perform related work as required
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by related technical courses, plus extensive related experience and responsibility working with water treatment processes, operations and systems, including supervisory experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, practices, materials, tools and equipment used in water sampling, testing techniques and water plant operation and maintenance
- Thorough knowledge of the Township’s Water Treatment Systems
- Considerable knowledge of water hydraulics and the computer applications related to utilities operations
- Considerable knowledge of the safety precautions and hazards related to utilities operations
- Ability to plan, assign and supervise scheduled maintenance projects and perform emergency repairs
- Ability to prepare and maintain a variety of work records and reports, plans and diagrams
- Ability to perform all duties with minimal supervision
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have the following valid and current certifications/licenses (must be valid at the time the posting closes) and these must be attached with your application. Applications without the attached required documents below will be deemed incomplete and may not be considered. Please title your attachments with the number of this competition and have these documents ready to upload when you apply:
- BC Class 5 (full-privilege) Driver’s License or equivalent driver’s license for where you reside. You must include with your application a current Personal Driving Record (select the 5-year option if obtaining online) that has been obtained within 6 months of the closing date. To obtain a copy of your Personal Driving Record, please contact ICBC directly or the driving authority where you reside. Please note that a copy of your Driver’s License and/or Driver Factor Report will not be accepted.
- EOCP Water Distribution – Level 4
- EOCP Water Treatment – Level 2
The CUPE rate of pay for this position is $46.37 – $49.32 per hour (3 steps, 2023 rates) plus benefits. The hours of work are Monday to Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm.
If you wish to pursue this exciting career in a growing community, please visit tol.ca/careers to apply.
Internal closing date for this competition: July 14, 2023
External closing date for this competition: July 14, 2023
We appreciate all applications; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.