Work Control Technician
Job order – J0623-1991 – Temporary Full-Time
Title Work Control Technician
Category Operations (Works Yard)
City Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada
The City of Port Moody has a unique new opportunity for a Work Control Technician to join our Operations team on a temporary, full-time basis to work with the City’s computerized maintenance management system.
The Work Control Technician will be responsible for entry and verification of data within Maintenance Connection, and will create, administer, and close work orders for work groups. This position will maintain information on City infrastructure assets with a commitment to accuracy. The Work Control Technician also prepares and reviews analytical reports for management and will promote asset management best practices. The position will coordinate with a range of internal stakeholders and will instruct users on correct coding and obtaining data from the system.
- Data entry, data validation and modifications with City’s CMMS
- Ensure all work orders include complete and correct information and are closed in timely manner
- Liaise with a variety of internal stakeholders with tact and diplomacy
- Provide technical direction and guidance to non-technical staff
- Generate analytics and reports, often in cooperation with other work groups
- Promote asset management best practices
- Two year diploma with a focus such as business administration and systems, operations management, logistics, information systems, business processes, quality, supply chain management or data collection
- Minimum 6 months of job-related experience, preferably in a municipal setting, in the areas of data collection and administration
- Knowledge of data collection systems and an understanding of database use
- Ability to understand complex municipal infrastructure and related processes
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including strong knowledge of spreadsheets, reporting, and data manipulation tools
- Ability to work independently applying sound judgement
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must be able to read and interpret basic engineering drawings, plans, and sketches
This position will be based in the office, at the Works Yard, Monday through Friday (35 hours per week).
Please note that employment with the City of Port Moody is subject to the receipt of a satisfactory driver’s abstract, as well as a satisfactory police information check.
The City of Port Moody strives to be an employer of choice and offers an excellent benefits package as well as professional development opportunities.
Closing Date: July 16, 2023